2KR FBS Review

Introduction

I’m going to be reviewing a 2KR FBS Pro complete that I’ve been riding for just about over a month. Before I made my 2KR purchase, I found it difficult to find an in-depth review on their fingerboard products. I read a nice thorough review of the trucks on @simpledecks.co’s Instagram, but I couldn’t find much anywhere else in regards to the other parts they sell and their general performance. The pictures I’m including feature my OG Joycolt Blems on the setup, but I did vigorously test the 2KR wheels on one of my other setups (the red Pro 2KR wheels matched my FlatFace G15’s plies much better). You’ll also see different bushings in each of my pictures, as I switched out the originals when testing different bushing types.

Shipping and Price

2KR is run out of Slovakia. I placed my order on 1/8/18 and 2KR marked my order as shipped on 1/15/18. This was expected, as there was a 7-day availability warning on the product listing. Then it took just over 2 weeks to travel to the USA. I was content with the wait time and I experienced no issues with the shipping process at all.

My complete of choice was the PRO 32D/32T “A Horse” design. It was listed as 52,00 € on their website. The parts, if ordered individually, would have been 9,00 € for the wheels, 16,00 € for the deck, and 33,90 € for the trucks. I thought the 6.90 € savings was pretty decent. The parts did not come preassembled and they were individually wrapped very nicely.

The Wheels

I won’t go too in-depth on the 2KR Pro wheels, but I will say that they roll really smooth. They sound a little whiny with enough pressure applied, but they roll far and look nice. I was expecting them to be urethane for some reason, but I don’t think they are. They’re definitely really hard and slide around easily. They might be shaped by CNC and they feel like generic China wheels that you would find on eBay or Amazon. They have a “street shape” look to them though, which is nice.

The Griptape

I won’t go into detail about the griptape either, as I’m pretty sure it’s China tape. I have a stack of CHape that I ordered off eBay and it looks and feels the same. I like China tape, so this isn’t a bad thing, but I felt it was something to mention.

The Deck

The deck itself was much wider than advertised on the website. The full complete was described as 32mm wide, but I think the deck is actually closer to 34mm. This didn’t disappoint me too much, as I was already used to riding my 33.6mm FlatFace G15, but I do like the feeling of 32mm a bit more.

The concave is comfortable for me. The nose and tail aren’t too low and there are some good pockets throughout the board. The veneer reminded me of what I’ve seen in P-REP, where the weight is very light and the edges were a little rough here and there. The size and angles of the nose and tail are similar to that of real skateboards.

I thought the graphic was cool, but there was some slight pixelation around the edges of the smaller images. When I was wearing down the graphic, a thin clear film started to peel from the points of contact, almost like a sticker would. This happened fairly quickly when sliding on cement obstacles (Wired Ramps). As the colors also peeled away, a white base layer was left behind. That base layer seemed to scratch off more like a real-wear graphic.

The Trucks

I think Simple’s Instagram review was killer, so I’ll advise you to read his post if you’re interested in some vast imagery and physical comparisons. The trucks have custom, single-axle hangers and are paired with China base plates. The hanger material is 32mm, but the axle actually extends out to around 34mm. The longer threads on the axle also allow for both single and dual-bearing support.

The base plates are built exactly like Broken Knuckle’s and come pre-tuned with o-ring bushings and clear pivot cup material. The hangers look and perform a lot like Dynamic trucks, only the 2KR material is a lot smoother and less matte.

The trucks perform very well and grind super smooth, but I do have one gripe with them. If you use any bushings other than o-rings, the kingpin lock nut will rise slightly above the hanger. I switched out the original kingpin nuts with Blackriver nuts, which are a fraction thinner than the 2KR ones, and that helped reduce the height a bit. However, I ended up using old Blackriver bushings in the end because they were squished enough to fit in the hanger and were softer than the included o-rings.

Conclusion

I really like the 2KR Pro complete. The deck and wheels are light and shapely if you’re into that. The truck hangers are built solid and have a nice grind. I like how the truck axles can probably be converted to different widths (with the help of bearing spacers for single-bearing wheels) and generally support all wheel types. I personally like my setups to be more on the heavy side and a little thinner, but I think a 2KR Pro complete is worth it for the price. You could say that P-REP completes are also better options for their prices, but I feel 2KR’s custom single-axle truck hangers are the selling point in this product.

I hope this review is helpful for those who were as curious about 2KR as I was!

Thanks for the review!
Loved to read it.
I actually wrote a review about the trucks as well but had some issues with other companys thats why i took it offline.
Nice review overall! :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

Thanks for the kind words! Were the other companies jealous of your review? : )

well more or less, i just took the wrong words. i think about to change smth and then post it unter this post :slight_smile:

Ha I understand - I did my best to use honest, neutral language for that same reason.

thx for the review - loads of information & good to read! :+1:t3:

great review man

really good review!

i still have the urge to add some things.

i ordered 2kr 32mm trucks like a year ago and i am still satisfied.
also i tried out the 2kr pro wheels. if you are into hard plastic but precise wheels they are a good way to go.
the trucks have a nice metalish sound and feel when grinding. so you are really feeling the surface you are grindig on. ytrucks or brts are much smoother und more slippery.
they are also a bit flatter then ytrucks or brts.
the only bad thing about them ist the kingpin which is sticking out the hanger. just replacing the bushings was not enough in my case.
i got thicker pivot cups and filed the kingpin down and they turned out perfect.
mister dank mentioned something about adjusting the width of the trcks which is exactly what i did.
the actual axle of those trucks is not 32 but 34mm wide which means that you can make your wheels stand apart from each other really wide.
in the picture you can see how wide exactly.
on the top is a 32mm 2kr truck with oaks.
below that is a 32mm 2kr truck with fbs spacers for ytrucks and oaks
and below that you can see a 34(!)mm ytruck with spacers and also oaks.
the ytrucks hanger is 2 mm wider than the 2krs but the actual axle is the same which was surprising for me.
so you can see that they can get really wide for 32mm trucks.

so in my opinion the 2kr trucks are not the most beautiful trucks but they are very solid and feel good to ride.
you just have to tune them to your liking to make them perfect.
the most awesome part is how wide apart you can make your wheels sit on them.
and of course the price is unbeaten.

Good notes! I may also give in and file down the kingpins at some point.

Good review!